About Us

My photo
We met through work back in 2004. We began dating months later on February 15, 2005. We gave eachother rings by September of that same year. June of 2008 we began discussing babies. Natalie's 21st birthday was in September, so we decided to try with the doctors when we got back from vacation. In October 2008, we became pregnant, first try! We now want to share our journey through life with friends and family!

Look how fast he is growing!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doctor's Update!

Well, we had the Dr's appt yesterday. Went pretty good. I gained another 8 lbs :(....30 total!!! I drank my glucose cocktail... wasnt that bad, I got a fruit punch one, it was ice cold and didnt taste that bad! :) The doctor said the baby's head was down, and that he can still flop around until the end... but at least he is where he needs to be right now :) He knows how to get there! The doctor told me that I can get a prescription for the indigestion if I want, tums will work for now. He said that some people just retain water more than others... he said sometimes up to 2 lbs of extra water in each leg. Holy Crap! I was hopin that it was most of my weight gain is from. :) I got a call from them today telling me that I my glucose came back good, so no gestational diabetes... WooHoo but my hematocrit level is low and I need to start on an iron supp to get that up... So, all in all everything went great. The Dr got to see him kick a bit when he was checking his heart with the dopplar... His heartbeat is very fast and very strong... I am going to post pics of his completed nursery AGAIN! :) LoL soon.... I am waiting for the wall border to arrive... it is on backorder. :(

3 comments:

  1. Excellent news! Don't worry about the weight... it will come off once the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo, glad you didn't get the diabetes.. That is great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the dr apt and the gulcose test went well. Sounds like we are in the same boat...heartburn, swollen feet, and iron supplements. All common pregnancy issues I guess :] Keeping my feet proped up while I am sitting is the only thing that helps my feet. And the prescript is a LIFE saver! no more acid in my throat. Can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete