About Us

My photo
We met through work back in 2004. We began dating months later on February 15, 2005. We gave eachother rings by September of that same year. June of 2008 we began discussing babies. Natalie's 21st birthday was in September, so we decided to try with the doctors when we got back from vacation. In October 2008, we became pregnant, first try! We now want to share our journey through life with friends and family!

Look how fast he is growing!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

37 Week Appointment & A name change!!!!

Well, we had our appointment on Tuesday morning. I am dialted to almost a 2 on that day and 50% effaced out already! :) I have been having some light braxton hicks for the last few days, that have been pretty consistent and are coming with some slight pain now. The doctor said that it could pretty much be any day now. :) That is very exciting! Another exciting annoucement.... Heather changed her last name to match mine and Aiden's!!! We will be one big happy family with the same last name. We decided to make this change because it just seemed like it would be easier with schooling, health things and many other things. People just seem to question less when you and the child share the same last name! We are very excited and feel like we are just one step closer to our family... now all we need is Aiden!! I told him that he is considered full term now and can come out whenever he feels like it, but for some reason he is real comfortable in there! We also had our last birth class on Tuesday night. :( We loved going... we got to see a tour of the hospital we will be giving birth in, it is nothing fancy, but will get the job done! My mom had surgery this week, and is being discharged today, she is recovering farely well. Thats it for now... I will update more after the next appointment. This weekend is GAY PRIDE in Seattle and we will be at the parade on Sunday! I will get lots of pics to post!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Heather on the name change! Holly and I did the same thing when we got married. It just makes life so much easier! Be careful at pride, you don't want to be havin that baby in a parade full of gay men! LOL... Oh the image alone makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the name change. We never got "married" but we are married enough! lol I did change my last name to DPs a long time ago so us and the kiddos share a name. It does make it very easy with Trey's school and such. Tell Aiden that I say it is ok for him to be comfy. You don't want to try to force him to come before he is ready, or else you may end up with an c-section and a god-awful recovery. My recovery was a cince compared to DPs c-sec recovery, and we are going to do a v-bac for the next baby. I'm so excited for DP to get the chance to birth naturally like she always wanted. Anywho, DP is also a OB nurse and it is definitely better for your baby to come out vaginally vs c-sec. Anywho, we are patiently waiting for Aiden, your body is already prepareing so I don't think he'll stay there too much longer :-)

    ReplyDelete