Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Birthing Class!
Well, yesterday we started our birthing classes. We have them every Tuesday night 6:30-9:30 for 4 weeks! It was really exciting last night, there are 6 other couples in our group. I think that we are going to be learning quite a bit of information in this class. We began learning how to cope with pain last night, and it was very interesting. We also had a Dr's appt on Monday. The baby is in same position, I had him do a physical check, because I thought that I had lost part of my mucus plug. Turns out I am not dialated but the baby has dropped and his head was right down there, very low. He said that this is very good, and that the pressure from the baby's head will definitely assist in changing my cervix. He also said that my cervix is beginning to soften, and that he predicts he will be either on time or maybe even a tad early. :) YaY! So, good news so far! I have one more appointment in 2 weeks, and then it is every week after that until the little guy comes! We are SOOO excited to meet him! I cant wait till he is here. Meanwhile, we are preparing for the weekend; on Saturday after Heather gets off work, we are going to get pedicures and go for massages. :) Then my older sister and her husband are coming over to have dinner and bring over the baby shower gift, because they will be out of town Sunday, so we will have some quality time with them. Sunday morning we are getting our hair colored and cut, and then Sunday afternoon is our BIG baby shower! My mom has a head count so far of approx 75 people :) Yikes! That's a lot of people to talk to and a lot of presesnts to open. I am not going to complain though! :) My mom and both of my aunts are throwing the baby shower, and they are doing a wonderful job so far; my mom had the hefty task of sending out almost a 100 invitations!! WHOA Hand written! I am really excited, we have been waiting for the baby shower for a LONG time! :) My mom rented out the local senior center area :) to have it at, and my aunts are bringing all kinds of food and lunch items. It will be a blast. I probably wont update until after the baby shower and I will have to post a bunch of pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you had a great weekend! It sounds like it is full of funness! Post those pics soon... I can't wait to see them!
ReplyDelete